Editor’s note: The summary of this story that appeared in the Aug. 28 Record email inadvertently included an incorrect date for the event. “Be Well in the Big House” is Sept. 20.
Warrior poses, Zumba-style dance moves, planks and squats again will find a home at Michigan Stadium Sept. 20.
U-M faculty and staff are invited to “Be Well in the Big House,” a free event organized by MHealthy. Join in health- and wellness-related activities both on and off the field.
if you go …
- What: “Be Well in the Big House,” free event for U-M faculty and staff
- When: 3-7 p.m., Sept. 20
- Where: Michigan Stadium
- Register for an on-field class
Yoga, Zumba and strength training return to the field, along with a new session inspired by popular football training drills. All fitness levels and abilities can participate. Extra instructors will be on hand to help participants with modifications.
Register for up to two 45-minute classes:
- 3 p.m. – Football Drills and Thrills (no equipment required)
- 4 p.m. – Yoga (full, wait list available)
- 5 p.m. – Zumba
- 6 p.m. – Strength Training (using body weight)
Space is limited on the field and early registration is recommended. Last year, most on-field classes reached capacity weeks before the event.
For the best experience, participants should bring appropriate footwear, a mat or towel, water bottle, and their U-M employee ID.
There is plenty to do off the field as well. All employees are welcome to visit the concourse where the focus is personal well-being, community building and giving back:
- Participate in 15-minute sessions of Tai Chi, meditation or cardio drumming (offered every hour)
- Sample healthy snacks and get recipes.
- Talk with health and financial well-being experts.
- Visit the onsite M Farmers Market.
- Donate a non-perishable food item to Food Gatherers, the food rescue and food bank program serving Washtenaw County.
Anyone in need of additional accommodations to participate in any part of “Be Well in the Big House” can contact MHealthy at 734-647-7888 for assistance.