More than 250 million exercise minutes logged. Tens of thousands of participants. Thousands of teams. Countless steps, laps, downward dogs and pounds lifted.
Since 2005, Active U has been a way for the University of Michigan community to start the new year by moving more.
Register now for the 15th year of MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge. Sign up by Jan. 13, and start tracking activity minutes Jan. 14.
Phyllis Taylor, who has participated in Active U for more than a decade, says she looks forward to the team support each year.
“I love being a part of a team of people who all want to be in control of their lives and health,” says Taylor, the lead assistant director for Alumni Student Recruitment and LEAD Scholars in the Alumni Association. “We raise each other up and stay motivated by doing mini challenges within our team.”
Program highlights include:
- Friendly team competition — Join a team or create a team with co-workers, U-M friends or spouses and other qualified adults of employees by Jan. 13. Individual participation is also available.
- Sync devices and apps — The online tracker supports tracking devices and free apps. Sync Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Withings, Misfit, MapMyWalk, RunKeeper and more.
- Donate to charity — This year, participant donations will go toward the Maize & Blue Cupboard food pantry benefiting the U-M community.
- Earn a 15th anniversary Active U T-shirt by successfully completing the program.
- Active U qualifies for MHealthy Rewards 2020 — Look for more information when Rewards launches Jan. 14.
“I’m a healthier, happier person today because of programs like Active U,” Taylor said. “It continues to motivate me to take care of myself. Last summer I tried Cardio Drumming for the first time and loved it. I became a certified instructor last year and now teach classes for MHealthy.”
All university faculty, staff, and students, as well as retirees, spouses and OQA, can participate.