Research studies show most adults gain some weight over the holidays. To help faculty and staff celebrate the season while still maintaining health goals, MHealthy is offering “Move, Lose & Maintain,” a healthy lifestyle program designed to keep employees moving and eating smarter into the new year.
The eight-week program runs Nov. 18-Jan. 12.
The goal of Move, Lose & Maintain is to get participants moving to maintain their current weight and/or waist measurement, or even lose a little. The program encourages being active for at least 30 minutes, at least three days of the week.
“For many who are trying to maintain a healthier diet and exercise, the end of the year can be a real challenge,” says Colleen Greene, MHealthy senior wellness coordinator. “With office parties, holiday celebrations and winter break, it can be difficult to fit in physical activity and just take care of ourselves.”
To register, attend one of the following weigh-in sessions. Height, weight and waist size will be measured and participants will receive weekly motivational emails and a program booklet that includes recipes, healthy tips, and a log to track physical activity. Participants will weigh-in again at the end of the eight weeks.
• Monday, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Palmer Commons, Forum Hall.
• Wednesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., B1203 Taubman, Level B1.
• Thursday, 9-11 a.m., B003E North Campus Research Complex (NCRC).
• Friday, 6 a.m.-9 a.m., University Hospital, Ford Lobby, Floor 2.
• Nov. 4, 1-:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Michigan Union, Cro-foot Room.
• Nov. 6, 7-8:30 a.m., 2024 Campus Safety Services Building (CSSB).
• Nov. 6, 9-11 a.m., Pierpont Commons, Central Room.
• Nov. 8, 9-11 a.m., Wolverine Tower, G-228.
• Nov. 11, 9-11 a.m., University Hospital, Ford Lobby, Floor 2.
• Nov. 12, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., B003E North Campus Research Complex (NCRC.
• Nov. 15, 8-11 a.m., Michigan Union, Cro-foot Room.
• Wednesday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Northbank Center (NBC), Room 407.
• Nov. 12, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Northbank Center (NBC), Room 407, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Nov. 5, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., 1050 Administration Building, HR conference room.
• Nov. 11, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., College of Business, Dining Room D.
Departments/units that are more than 10 minutes away from a weigh-in location and have 10 or more people who would like to register can contact their area’s MHealthy Champion to schedule a weigh-in session at their worksite.