Team support, setting exercise goals and free T-shirts return this winter, thanks to Active U. The 12-week physical activity challenge encourages the U-M community to get moving toward the same goal — being active.
Registration is now open to all at the university. Active U is open to all faculty, staff, students, retirees and employee spouses/OQAs and all fitness levels and abilities. The deadline to register is Feb. 6.
Choose to sign up as an individual, or join or create a team. Tracking of physical-activity minutes starts Jan. 23.
This year, Active U T-shirts — one of the program’s most popular perks — return after a three-year absence.
“For many, the T-shirts have been a badge of honor and that extra motivation needed to reach their goals,” said Colleen Greene, senior wellness coordinator for MHealthy. “We’re happy to be able to bring them back. Participants who successfully complete the program will qualify for a T-shirt. They will also have the option to upgrade to other Active U items.”
Additional program highlights include:
- Easy logging — Manually log minutes on the portal or sync to an activity-tracking device.
- Active U Slack channel — Connect with other participants, share photos, find encouragement, and stay motivated. Available to faculty and staff only.
- Swag Squad — Enter to win $25 gift cards by sharing photos and posting to Active U’s Slack Channel.
- Exercise video library — More than 50 videos in such categories as strength training, cardio, yoga, meditation and more.
- Charity of choice — During the program, participants are encouraged to donate to MHealthy’s Resource Coach Program. It offers support to U-M faculty and staff experiencing a financial crisis or other personal hardship.