Starting today, thousands will begin tracking their exercise minutes for Active U, MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge.
For the 2014 program, MHealthy has introduced a new Active U app for iOS devices, allowing participants to easily track their minutes as they work out, email teammates, share program milestones on social media, and more.
All university faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, retirees and spouses/OQAs can sign up for Active U, either participating on a team or as an individual. Physical activity minutes are tracked online or using a mobile device including a new iOS app.
The free Active U app is compatible with iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices with iOS 6.0 or later. Search “ActiveU” at the Apple App Store to download. Before using the app, participants must first sign up for Active U from a web browser.
Other Active U 2014 features include:
• Sign up for the new “Blue Track” and gradually increase activity over the 12-week program. This option is for anyone who may be just starting to exercise or who hasn’t been active in a while.
• Earn virtual badges and share success by reaching program milestones such as achieving weekly goals, reaching 1,000 activity minutes, and more.
• Support a U-M school, college, fund or other area-of-choice by donating through U-M Giving.
• Help the university reach a record 35 million cumulative physical activity minutes.
• Successfully complete Active U to earn a 2014 T-shirt (free to employees; small fee for spouses/OQAs, undergraduate students and retirees).