Active U’s ninth year saw nearly 11,000 participants log more than 21 million minutes of physical activity over the 12-week exercise challenge.
“The participation and enthusiasm of our U-M community has kept Active U going strong for nine years,” says Colleen Greene, senior wellness coordinator for MHealthy. “Its longevity speaks to our community’s continued growth into a culture that values and supports healthy living and behaviors.”
Active U encourages participants to commit to being active three or more days a week, for at least 30 minutes a day.
All university faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, retirees and spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) of employees could join as an individual participant or by creating or joining a team. Teams then competed to be the top ranked team in their division.
Team division winners include:
• Blue Division – SwissMyth BMD’s
• Beilein Division – The 3 C’s
• Maize Division – The Otter Side
• The Victor’s Division – ThreeWolves
• Big 10 Division – IBUprofen
• Mardigian Division – Let’s Do This!
• Yost Division – 20cc
• The Big House Division – ASB-ITS-Alive
• Elbel Division – Deuce’s Wild
• Crisler Division – Let’s Stay Active: LSA Dean’s Office
• Woodson Division – M-Win II
• Wolverines Division – FANS FLYERS
• Hoke Division – Folk’s Heroes
• River Trail Division – Freudian Slips – Department of Psychology
A total of 582 teams were formed, ranging in size from two members to more than 100. The top teams in each division were based on the percentage of the personal goal achieved by each team member and logging minutes at least three days per week.
MHealthy already has begun planning for its third annual Active U Autumn, set to begin in September. However, anyone who wants to log exercise minutes through the summer can do so at a Summer Activity Tracker now available online.