September 15, 2016
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, influenza vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu. U-M faculty and staff have several options for receiving their flu vaccination on campus this fall.
U-M Health System faculty, staff, medical or nursing students and volunteers can receive free flu vaccinations at Health System fairs, through U-M Occupational Health Services in the Med Inn Building or from clinical unit flu liaisons.
More information and a list of options are available at med.umich.edu/u/flu. (Note: This website must be accessed from a university computer or virtual network.)
MHealthy, in partnership with Michigan Visiting Nurses, is offering walk-in flu shot clinics at the locations listed below for non-UMHS faculty and staff who work on Ann Arbor’s Central, North and South campuses, and at the Dearborn and Flint campuses.
Ann Arbor campus
(For non-UMHS employees)
• Sept. 15, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Michigan League (during M Farmers Market)
• Sept. 21, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., U-M Michigan League
• Sept. 22, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., U-M Michigan Union
• Sept. 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Pierpont Commons
• Sept. 29, 10 a.m. - p.m., Duderstadt Connector Hall (during M Farmers Market)
• Oct. 11, 2-5 p.m., Michigan Union
• Oct. 12, noon-4 p.m., Palmer Commons
• Oct. 13, noon-4 p.m., Michigan League (during M Farmers Market)
• Oct. 27, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Duderstadt Connector Hall (during M Farmers Market)
• Oct. 19, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., University Center, Kochoff Hall A,
• Oct. 20, noon-5 p.m., College of Business and CEHHS Faculty Staff Lounge, 2nd floor of Fairlane Center South
• Oct. 26, noon-5 p.m., University Center, Kochoff Hall A
• Sept. 22, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Harding Mott University Center, Michigan Room C
Spouses and other qualified adults (OQA) are also welcome to attend any of the clinics.
Employees and spouses/OQAs covered under a U-M health insurance plan will not be charged an out-of-pocket fee when they bring their insurance card to the on-site clinic. The cost of the flu shot will be charged directly to their health plan.
Those not covered under the insurance plans accepted at the flu shot clinic can still receive a flu shot at a rate of $25 per person. Pay by cash, check, or credit card.
In addition to the MHealthy/MVN clinics, non-UMHS employees can also get a flu shot by appointment at the University Health Service or at the office of their primary care provider.