The Michigan Union will temporarily close at 5 p.m. April 10, but critical units that are housed in the building will continue operating virtually.
“Since the university’s March 9 decision to move to remote learning, we’ve seen traffic decline significantly as social distancing was enacted, and there has been significantly less density on campus,” said Susan Pile, senior director of University Unions and Auxiliary Services.
The offices of Counseling and Psychological Services, the Dean of Students, Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center, Center for Campus Involvement, Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs and the Spectrum Center continue to function in a virtual environment. Services are available via phone, email and online to help people during this unusual time, Pile said.
The Union will remain closed until further notice. The two other campus unions — the Michigan League and Pierpont Commons — have been closed since March 26.
More information is available through the following resources:
- Counseling and Psychological Services: 734-764-8213
- Dean of Students: 734-764-7420
- Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs: 734-763-9044
- Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center: 734-764-7771
- Spectrum Center: 734-763-4186
- Center for Campus Involvement: 734-763-5900
- Local restaurants providing take-out
- Michigan Union , firstname.lastname@example.org