Insurance, support resources available for international travel


As travel season approaches, current faculty and staff are encouraged to register international travel and enroll in travel-abroad health insurance, even for personal travel.

Registering allows U-M to quickly and accurately locate and assist U-M travelers abroad in the event of a health, safety or security crisis, and also allows travelers to enroll in the GeoBlue U-M travel-abroad health insurance.

U-M’s GeoBlue coverage includes help locating and accessing medical care, prescription benefits, and even evacuation in the event of a political or natural disaster.

Faculty and staff traveling abroad for university business are automatically covered by GeoBlue at no cost and can enroll after registering their travel. Spouses, domestic partners and dependents who are traveling with the faculty or staff member also are covered.

The GeoBlue personal or leisure coverage can be purchased for $1.62 per day and can be purchased for spouses, domestic partners and dependents traveling with the faculty or staff member.


Leave a comment

Commenting is closed for this article. Please read our comment guidelines for more information.