December 18, 2017
Topic: Campus News
The U-M Exercise & Sport Science Initiative, which aims to optimize physical performance and health for people of all ages and abilities, is announcing its 2018 call for proposals.
The deadline to submit proposals is 5 p.m. Feb. 12.
The initiative draws on expertise from a wide range of faculty across campus, Michigan Athletics and industry partners to interface, prioritize and conduct sport and exercise-related research and innovation.
ESSI will award funding for projects that focus on one or more of the following Grand Challenge areas:
• Wise wearable sensor technology.
• Injury prevention, diagnosis and management.
• Individualized augmented reality and virtual reality.
• Sports and learning analytics.
• Improved physical activity across the lifespan.