October 2, 2017
Topic: Campus News
Several drop-off locations have been set up across the University of Michigan campus to gather supplies for those affected by Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.
Unless otherwise specified, the drop-off sites will be open until Oct. 12 for supplies. The locations and times for drop-off are:
• Center for Engineering Diversity & Outreach, Lurie Engineering Center, 1221 Beal Ave. Suite 1108, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• College of Engineering Office of Student Affairs, 143 Chrysler Center, Tuesday and Thursday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives, 3009 Student Activities Building, weekdays, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Program in Biomedical Sciences Lounge, 2960 Taubman, Health Sciences Library, Oct. 3 and 5 (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and Oct. 4 and 11 (6 p.m. to 8 p.m.).
• Michigan League, 911 N. University Ave., Room D (Oct. 7) and Room B (Oct. 8), 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
• Neuroscience Graduate Program, 4137 Undergraduate Science Building, 204 Washtenaw Ave., Oct. 2, 3, 5, 9 and 10, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• School of Kinesiology, 555 S. Forest St., garden level, and Room 4100 Observatory Lodge, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• School of Public Health, 1415 Washington Heights, lobby, Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Center for Social Epidemiology, SPH building, 1415 Washington Heights, second floor, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The following items are needed to help those who have lost their homes in Puerto Rico:
• Batteries (especially sizes C and D)
• Portable water purification
• Solar lanterns and light sticks
• Solar cell-phone chargers
• Battery or solar-powered radios
• Construction tools and materials
• Mosquito repellant
• Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer
• Power inverters
• Tampons, pads and liners
• Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, deodorant, and shampoo and conditioner
• Canned goods (Spam, corned beef, tuna, chicken, etc.)
• Canned beans (kidney, pink, black, white, chickpea)
• Canned vegetables (corn, greens, carrots, etc.)
• Bottled water
• Canned baby formula and baby food, and adult or baby diapers
This list of relief efforts may be updated as necessary.