July 12, 2015
The Ann Arbor Art Fair runs Wednesday through Saturday and will necessitate numerous changes in some U-M bus routes and parking locations.
U-M Transit Services
Effective Monday through Friday, U-M Commuter route buses will follow traditional "Art Fair" detour routes.
Commuter North buses will travel as follows:
• Regular route to Hoover Street.
• After crossing the railroad tracks, turn left (north) onto Division Street. There is a temporary stop located on Hoover in front of Revelli Hall for service to the Intramural Sports Building area.
• Continue on Division to Huron Street. There is a temporary stop on Division past Packard Street for service to the Michigan Union and Central Campus.
• Right (east) on Huron to Fletcher Street.
• Right (south) on Fletcher to North University Avenue. Serve the Rackham Building stop on Fletcher.
• Left (east) on North University and resume regular routing.
Commuter South buses will travel as follows:
• Regular route to the Central Campus Transit Center.
• Depart the CCTC on Geddes Avenue to Washtenaw Avenue.
• Right (southeast) on Washtenaw to Hill Street.
• Right (west) on Hill to Division. There are temporary stops on Hill just before Tappan Avenue for service to Central Campus, and just past State Street for service to Central Campus.
• Left (south) on Division to Hoover. There is a temporary stop on Division just before Hoover for service to the Intramural Sports Building area.
• Right (west) on Hoover and resume regular routing.
All other U-M bus routes will follow their normal routes during Art Fair week.
For details regarding the detour routes and temporary bus stops, go to pts.umich.edu/maps/art_fair.pdf.
The Thayer Street Parking Structure will remain open to U-M permit holders. U-M permit holders will be able to access the structure via East Washington Street to South Thayer. The Church Street Parking Structure will remain open to U-M permit holders, who can access the structure via North University to Church.
Lots C5 (libraries) and C10 (the small surface parking lot by West Hall) will not be available for parking.
During the Art Fair days, all U-M parking structures will remain gated to only allow vehicles with appropriate U-M permits to enter. After 3:30 p.m. on weekdays and all day Saturday, special event parking permits also will be sold at the structures where adequate vacancies occur.