May 23, 2014
Topic: Human Resources
Tim Slottow, executive vice president and chief financial officer, has named an advisory committee in the search for the next associate vice president for finance.
Lewis Morgenstern, director of the Stroke Program in the U-M Health System and professor of neurology, emergency medicine, neurosurgery and epidemiology in the schools of Medicine and Public Health, will chair the committee.
Other members of the committee are:
• Jim Balgooyen, associate athletic director — business services, Athletics Department.
• Paul Castillo, chief financial officer, U-M Health System.
• Robin Means Coleman, associate professor of communication studies and associate professor of Afroamerican and African studies, LSA.
• Jeff Evans, vice chancellor for business affairs, UM-Dearborn.
• Al Franzblau, vice provost for academic and budgetary affairs, Office of the Provost.
• Deb Mero, executive director of resource planning and management, College of Engineering.
• Jeff Moelich, executive director of university audits, University Audits Office.
• Laura Patterson, associate vice president and chief information officer, Information and Technology Services.
• Loren Rullman, associate vice president for student affairs, Student Life.
• Anna Schork, managing director, Life Sciences Institute.
The successful candidate for associate for vice president for finance will replace Rowan Miranda, who left the university in March. Nancy Hobbs will continue as interim associate vice president until a new leader is named.
The position will be posted on the UMJobs.org website by the end of May and online applications will be accepted at that time.
The advisory committee is assisted by the search firm of Korn Ferry. Recommendations for qualified candidates may be sent to the attention of Ken Kring or Beau Lambert at UMich-AVPFinance@kornferry.com.