The University Record welcomes online comments to stories that are posted on its website. Comments are intended to be a forum for open, respectful and family-friendly discussion.
Posts may be removed for:
• The use of obscene, threatening, discriminatory, libelous or harassing language.
• Ad hominem attacks or off-topic comments.
• Disclosure of information that is confidential by law or regulation.
• Comments advocating illegal activity.
• Advertisement or promotion of commercial products, services, entities or individuals.
• Endorsement or opposition of any person campaigning for election to a political office, or promoting or opposing any ballot proposal.
• Duplicative comment by the same user or multiple users.
Commenting on all stories will be routinely closed 60 days following publication.
Questions posed in comments are not routinely answered by the Record staff. Readers with questions about information in a Record article are encouraged to seek out the appropriate person from the unit mentioned in the article.
The Record may amend this policy from time to time.
— These guidelines took effect March 23, 2017, and were most recently updated on March 27, 2017.