May 15, 2018
Six individuals, four supervisors and four teams were presented with the inaugural University of Michigan Staff Impact Awards on Monday.
Kevin Hegarty, executive vice president and chief financial officer, opened the presentation ceremony at the Michigan League Ballroom and presented certificates in conjunction with members of the award selection committee.
"The amazing dedication, effort and talent of our staff is absolutely critical for us to meet our missions of education and care," said Hegarty, addressing the award recipients. "Which is why I am so passionate about honoring and celebrating your truly transformative service with these awards. I am truly in awe of your efforts and the work we all do as a staff community."
The awards recognized individual staff members, those staff who supervise others, and teams of staff members.
The individual award recipients are:
• Amanda Krugliak, assistant director of arts programing, Institute for the Humanities, LSA.
• Roger Arnett, sound engineer, School of Music, Theatre & Dance.
• Jeffery Harrold, coordinator for academic standards and special populations, LSA Student Academic Affairs.
• Brian Banks, diversity and inclusion adviser, Penny W. Stamps School of Art and Design.
• Jacqueline Bowman, lead counselor and program specialist, Center for the Education of Women.
• Mona Munroe-Younis, program manager, School of Public Health.
Individual award recipients are, from left: Mona Munroe-Younis, Roger Arnett, Amanda Krugliak, Brian Banks, Jacqueline Bowman and Jeffery Harrold. (Photo by Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography)
The supervisor award recipients are:
• Stephanie Salazar, program manager, Michigan Medicine Department of Psychiatry Depression Center.
• Cassandra Callaghan, director of dental informatics, School of Dentistry.
• Alicia Carmichael, research process manager, Institute for Social Research.
• Jeffrey Boots, facilities coordinator, UMH NorthStar Reach.
Supervisor award recipients are, from left: Jeffrey Boots, Cassandra Callaghan, Stephanie Salazar and Alisha Carmichael. (Photo by Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography)
The team award recipients are:
• Global Engagement Team, Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
• Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network, Michigan Medicine Department of Anesthesiology.
• Ypsilanti Health Center, Michigan Medicine Family Medicine and Pediatrics.
• Hope Clinic, Kellogg Eye Center
Team award recipient Global Engagement Team, from left: Sarah McNitt, Patrick Morgan, Amy Conger, Heidi Doyle and Jennifer Chizek. (Photo by Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography)
Team award recipient Hope Clinic, from left: Vickie Kaiser, Beth Hansemann, Teresa Gibbons and Jennifer Kuzminski. (Photo by Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography)
Team award recipient "Maggie's Marketplace" Team Ypsilanti Health Center, from left: Kathryn Scott, Marsha Lathion, Courtney Purifoy, Jaclyn Barrett, Layla Mohammed, Stephen Warnick, Laura Crespo Albiac, Sulan Green, Anna McEvoy, David Schrock, Uche George-Nwogu, Barb Allison, Ladele Cochran, Michelle Drake, Karen Layher and Cynthia Rentschler, (Photo by Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography)
Team award recipient Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network, from left: Jennifer Waljee. Alexander Hallway, Hsou Mei Hu, Michael Sahara, Rena Steiger, Stephanie Moser, Abigayil Clark, Kristin Bennett, Kendall Dubois, Caitlin Priest, Heather Lipkovich, Kenneth Sloss, Gracia Vargas, Chad Brummett, Michael Englesbe, Leonardo Kattari, Nicole Rouech, Vidhya Gunaseelan, Claire Wolniewicz, Monica Walker and Brooke Kenney. (Photo by Austin Thomason, Michigan Photography)
Laurita Thomas, associate vice president for human resources, provided closing remarks with encouragement for attendees to make new connections and continue their exceptional work.
"We celebrate what we value," added Thomas. "And we value you, along with all staff, for sharing your energy and spirit to make a positive impact at U-M and beyond."
The Staff Impact Awards celebrate those who champion volunteerism and service within the university, and who find ways to collaborate across units and find solutions to make the workplace better for all. The award recognizes staff, supervisors and teams that make an impact with their work, locally and beyond.
The awards were developed from recommendations of a Voices of the Staff committee and are sponsored by the Office of the Chief Financial Officer in partnership with University Human Resources.