October 23, 2017
• A Welcome Center with bicentennial materials and information will be open from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday in the Michigan Union’s Pond Room. Light refreshments will be available.
• A red oak sapling commemorating the bicentennial will be added to North Campus during a brief ceremony at 12:45 p.m. Thursday on the newly designed Eda U. Gerstacker Grove. The tree complements a sapling planted on the Diag during the UMich200 Spring Festival.
• The contributions of U-M staff through the decades will be recognized with the dedication of the sculpture, “Arriving Home.” Created by artist Dennis Oppenheim, the circular sculpture will be placed between the Dana Building and C.C. Little Building. The ceremony will be at 3 p.m. Friday, with remarks from President Mark Schlissel.
• Faculty and staff can pick up a complimentary copy of the bicentennial book, "Always Leading, Forever Valiant," at two locations: 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Thursday in the Michigan Union Pond Room, and 4-7 p.m. Friday at the Third Century Expo’s “Forever Hailing” pavilion on the Diag.
• Free HAILstorm! T-shirts will be given away to the first 500 people who arrive on the Diag for the Third Century Expo that begins at 4 p.m. Friday.
• Saturday’s football against Rutgers University at Michigan Stadium will feature a special halftime show performed by the Michigan Marching Band.