September 10, 2018
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, influenza vaccination is the best way to prevent the flu. U-M faculty and staff have several options for receiving their flu vaccination on campus this fall.
Michigan Medicine faculty, staff, medical and nursing students, and volunteers can receive free flu vaccinations at health system clinics, through U-M Occupational Health Services in the Med Inn Building or from clinical unit flu liaisons. More information and a list of options will be available later this fall at med.umich.edu/u/flu.
For Ann Arbor, Dearborn and Flint campus faculty and staff, MHealthy, in partnership with Michigan Visiting Nurses, is offering flu shot clinics for non-Michigan Medicine faculty and staff who work on Ann Arbor’s Central, North and South campuses, and at the Dearborn and Flint campuses.
U-M retirees, spouses and other qualified adults are also welcome to attend. They must be 18 or older.
There is no out-of-pocket fee for employees and spouses/OQAs who present their U-M health insurance card. The cost of the flu shot will be charged directly to their health plan. Those not covered under an accepted plan can still receive a flu shot for $25 per person. Pay by cash, check, or credit card.
Ann Arbor Campus clinics
(for non-Michigan Medicine employees)
Mass Walk-in Clinics
• Thursday, 2-5 p.m., Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room
• Sept. 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Pierpont Commons, East Room
• Sept. 20, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Michigan League, Vandenberg Room
• Sept. 26, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Palmer Commons, Plaza Room
• Sept. 27, 8 a.m.-noon, Duderstadt, Room 1120D and Connector Hall
• Oct. 1, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Intramural Sports Building, Conf. Rooms A & B
• Oct. 2, 2-6 p.m., Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room (2nd floor)
• Oct. 3, 4-8 p.m., Pierpont Commons, East Room
• Oct. 11, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Michigan League, Vandenberg Room
• Oct. 18, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room
• Oct. 22, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Palmer Commons, Plaza Room
• Oct. 23, 9 a.m.-noon, Pierpont Commons, East Room
• Oct. 25, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Duderstadt, Room #1120D
• Oct. 25, 4-8 p.m., Michigan League, Vandenberg Room
• Nov. 6, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Michigan League, Vandenberg Room
Onsite Department Clinics
Dozens of campus departments, units and buildings have scheduled onsite clinics for their employees. A list of areas offering private clinics is available on the MHealthy flu shots webpage under onsite department flu shot clinics.
Faculty and staff should check with their department’s administrator or contact Michigan Visiting Nurses for exact times, locations and more information.
UM-Dearborn campus clinics
• Sept. 17, noon-5 p.m., University Center, Kochoff Hall A
• Sept. 24, noon-5 p.m., College of Business and CEHHS Faculty Staff Lounge, 2nd floor of Fairlane Center South
• Oct. 9, noon-5 p.m., University Center, Kochoff Hall A
• Oct. 15, 9 a.m.-noon, University Center, Kochoff Hall A
UM-Flint campus clinic
• Nov. 1, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Harding Mott University Center, Michigan Room
In addition to the MHealthy/MVN clinics, non-Michigan Medicine employees can also get a flu shot through their primary care provider.