A search advisory committee has been named to assist in the selection of the next associate vice provost and senior director of academic human resources.
This role includes universitywide oversight for programs, policies and procedures for instructional and primary faculty as well as graduate student instructors, graduate student research assistants and graduate student staff assistants.
Academic Human Resources is responsible for union contract negotiations, administering the faculty promotion process and a range of procedures and processes for academic employees. The office also administers the collective bargaining agreements for the Lecturers’ Employee Organization and the Graduate Employees’ Organization.
Sascha Matish has served as interim senior director of academic human resources since October 2018 when Associate Vice Provost and Senior Director Jeff Frumkin became interim head of the Office for Institutional Equity. Frumkin plans to retire later this year and searches for both offices are now underway.
The search advisory committee is chaired by Senior Associate General Counsel Gloria Hage, Office of the Vice President and General Counsel.
Other committee members are:
• Rima Berry-Hung, director of human resources, UM-Dearborn.
• Jim Burkel, assistant vice provost for academic and faculty affairs, Provost’s Office.
• Steve Ceccio, Vincent T. and Gloria M. Gorguze Professor of Engineering, professor of mechanical engineering, and naval architecture and marine engineering, and associate dean for research, College of Engineering.
• Lorraine Currie, director of enterprise strategic risk management, Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
• Joseph Himle, Howard V. Brabson Collegiate Professor of Social Work, and associate dean of faculty affairs, School of Social Work; professor of psychiatry, Medical School.
• Pat Hodges, chief of staff, Penny W. Stamps School of Art & Design.
• Rich Holcomb, senior director for benefits, health and well-being services, University Human Resources.
• Laurie McCauley, William K. and Mary Anne Najjar Professor of Periodontics, professor of dentistry and dean, School of Dentistry; and professor of pathology, Medical School.
• Dan Rife, associate director, facilities and operations, LSA.
• Richard Simon, professor of internal medicine, and associate chair of the Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School.
• Alexandra Stern, professor of American culture, history, and women’s studies, and chair of the Department of American Culture, LSA; professor of obstetrics and gynecology, Medical School; and faculty associate, Population Studies Center, Institute for Social Research.
The job posting can be viewed online and applications will be accepted through March 22.