A search is underway for the next associate vice provost and senior director to lead the university’s Office for Institutional Equity.
This senior leadership role includes universitywide oversight for handling allegations of harassment or other discriminatory behavior, as well as the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The senior director supports diversity, inclusiveness, equal access, equitable treatment, and cultural understanding and competency across the university, including collaboration in policy development to build an ethical work environment free from all forms of discrimination and harassment.
In addition, the senior director serves as the university’s Title IX coordinator and ADA coordinator.
The position jointly reports to University Human Resources and the Office of the Provost, and it is currently filled on an interim basis by Jeffery Frumkin, associate vice provost for academic and faculty affairs. He stepped into the role when the previous director, Pamela Heatlie, took a new a position at UM-Dearborn.
A search advisory committee, chaired by Christina Whitman, professor of law, Law School, will advise on the selection of candidates. Other committee members are:
• Allison Berry, student, Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy.
• Phyllis Blackman, administrative director, Office for Health Equity and Inclusion.
• Lorraine Currie, director of enterprise risk management, Office of the Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer.
• Robert Ortega, associate professor of social work, School of Social Work.
• Patty Petrowski, associate vice president and deputy general counsel, Office of the Vice President and General Counsel.
• Catherine Shaw, associate vice provost for academic and faculty affairs, Office of the Provost.
• Carmeda Stokes, senior training manager, Organizational Learning.
• Denise Sekaquaptewa, professor of psychology, LSA.
• Dana Telem, associate professor of surgery, Medical School.
• Deanna Wadley, senior administrative manager, Michigan Medicine.
• Kaaren Williamsen, director, Sexual Assault Prevention and Awareness Center.