Employees who have not already done so are asked to visit Wolverine Access no later than Jan. 23 to consent to receive an electronic PDF copy of their 2013 W-2 instead of an identical mailed copy.
Assistance or questions?
- Ann Arbor and Dearborn campuses — Contact a Payroll representative in the HR/Payroll Service Center at 734-615-2000.
- Flint campus — Contact a Flint–HRAA Service Team representative at 810-762-3150.
Log in at wolverineaccess.umich.edu and click on the Faculty & Staff tab, then select Employee Self-Service and View W-2 Forms. Employees can print W-2s now, or return to Wolverine Access when they need it.
Choosing the electronic PDF copy will:
• Avoid having sensitive W-2 information, such as a Social Security Number, delivered via U.S. mail.
• Save significant postage costs.
• Help reduce the use of natural resources associated with large-scaling printing and mailing.
As of Tuesday, more than 37,000 faculty and staff had consented to receive the electronic copies of their 2013 W-2s. Last year, the university saved more than $20,000 in postage thanks to those who received an electronic copy.
The agreement to accept an electronic copy of Form W-2 is applicable to the 2013 calendar year only. The electronic W-2 available in Wolverine Access will be accepted by the IRS and is exactly the same as the one that employees would receive in the mail. Special artwork and perforated forms no longer are used for the W-2 that is mailed.
Employees wishing to wait for the mailed copy of their 2013 Form W-2 are asked to go to Wolverine Access by Jan. 23 to verify their current address information. Hardcopy W-2s will be mailed on Jan. 31.