Provost Susan M. Collins has appointed a 16-member advisory committee in the search for a new dean of the Stephen M. Ross School of Business to replace Scott DeRue, who announced in May that he was transitioning to the private sector.
The committee of faculty, staff, students and members of the university community has been tasked with doing a broad search and recommending an unranked slate of candidates to the provost.
Francine Lafontaine, associate dean for Business+Impact and William Davidson Professor of Business Administration, has been serving as interim dean since May.
In an email to colleagues, Collins thanked DeRue for his commitment and hard work.
“During the five years that Dean DeRue served as its leader, the Ross School has achieved many important accomplishments, including enhancing programs for students, faculty research, and much more,” Collins wrote.
The search for DeRue’s replacement began this month. Gregory Miller, Ernst and Young Professor of Accounting and area chair of accounting in the Ross School, will chair the committee, which also includes:
- Daren Batke, chief development officer, Ross School.
- Jeff Blau, CEO of Related Companies, member of the Ross School Advisory Board and President’s Advisory Group, and a U-M alumnus.
- Felipe Csaszar, associate professor of corporate strategy, Ross School.
- Anne Curzan, dean of LSA; Arthur F. Thurnau Professor; Geneva Smitherman Collegiate Professor of English Language and Literature, Linguistics and Education, professor of English language and literature, and of linguistics, LSA; professor of education, School of Education.
- Lindy Greer, associate professor of management and organizations, Ross School.
- Andrew Hoffman, professor of management and organizations and Holcim (US) Inc. Professor of Sustainable Enterprise, Ross School; and professor of environment and sustainability, School for Environment and Sustainability.
- Andrey Malenko, associate professor of finance, Ross School.
- Nigel Melville, associate professor of technology and operations, Ross School; and academic program director for the Design Science Program, and associate professor of integrative systems and design, College of Engineering.
- Ayesha Mohan, undergraduate business administration student, admissions ambassador and CEO ambassador, Ross School.
- Whitney Pollard, graduate student and MBA council president, Ross School.
- Sheryl Redding-Humphrey, director of operations and safety, Ross School.
- Lori Rogala, lecturer of business law, Ross School.
- Cindy Schipani, Merwin H. Waterman Collegiate Professor Business Administration and professor of business law, Ross School.
- Jagadeesh Sivadasan, Jack D. Sparks-Whirlpool Corporation Research Professor of Business Administration, professor of business economics and public policy, Ross School; faculty associate, Survey Research Center, Institute for Social Research.
- Carolyn Yoon, Wilbur K. Pierpont Collegiate Professor of Management, professor of marketing, and associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion, Ross School; and faculty associate, Research Center for Group Dynamics, Institute for Social Research.
To nominate prospective candidates or ask questions of the committee, send an email to Rossemail@example.com. For more information about the school, visit michiganross.umich.edu.