Fall is a busy time for many of us, which can make staying on a healthy track a challenge. As extra motivation, MHealthy will award six lucky people with a $500 American Express gift card, just for participating in an eligible health and well-being activity between Sept. 1 and Oct. 31.
Benefits-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses or other qualified adults enrolled in a U-M health plan are eligible for the MHealthy Grand Prize Drawing. The more activities someone participates in, the more entries they will get into the drawing.
“If you’ve been putting off joining or always wanted to try one of MHealthy’s programs, this is an opportunity to make your health a priority by moving more, reducing stress, or learning how to eat smarter or manage your weight,” says Janice Gasaway, program lead for MHealthy.
More than a dozen MHealthy programs qualify for the drawing, including:
• Active U Autumn 2014 (registration opens Sept. 9).
• Weight Watchers @Work.
• Nutrition consultations.
• Personalized exercise sessions.
• Stress management classes.
• Chef demonstrations.
• Tobacco treatment programs.
• Alcohol management programs.
• MHealthy exercise and relaxation classes.
• Flint Rec Center specialty classes.
• Dearborn Wellness Center fitness classes.
The MHealthy Grand Prize Drawing will be Nov. 12. Winners will be notified via email or phone.