Members of the University of Michigan community are invited to Healthy Holidays, a virtual open house focused on sustainability and wellness scheduled for noon-1 p.m. Dec. 1.
Representatives from the Office of Campus Sustainability, the Graham Sustainability Institute, MHealthy, Student Sustainability Coalition, MCatering, Matthaei Botanical Gardens and the student group Grow Positive Attitudes will host short presentations on a variety of topics including:
- Green Gift Ideas — Learn how to reduce the environmental impact of gift-giving.
- Inclusive Holiday Celebrations — Brainstorm fun and sustainable ways to honor everyone’s belief system in the winter season.
- Sustainable Celebrations — Learn tips for right-sizing food choices, lighting and decorations, and virtual hosting.
- Tis the Season for a Home Waste Audit — Holiday practices often significantly increase waste. Learn how to conduct a home waste audit and reduce your environmental impact while still enjoying the holiday season.
- Step Outside — Winter can bring a lot of stress: holidays, family demands, and more Zoom meetings. Discover how to harness nature to reduce stress.
- Grow Your Holiday Card — Learn how to use plantable seed paper for creative, sustainable holiday cards.
Presentations will be offered four times during the hour so that attendees can participate in numerous sessions.
Participants must register by noon Nov. 30 to receive access to the sessions.
This event supports the university’s 2025 sustainability goals.