The election for the non-union staff representative on the University of Michigan Police Department Oversight Committee is now underway through June 22.
The candidates are:
• Rolfe Carlson, proposals and contracts supervisor, Institute of Social Research.
• Jeffrey Stout, simulation engineer, Michigan Medicine.
• Sierra Bulson, research analyst, Office of Development.
• Andrea Poli, breaker space technician, College of Engineering.
• Ann Vollano, assistant athletic director for compliance, Athletics.
• Kim Rize, department administrator, General Medicine.
Staff members in Ann Arbor who are not represented by a union are eligible to vote for one representative to the committee. Online voting is available through 5 p.m. on June 22. Voting more than once or for more than one candidate will result in disqualification.
The six-member oversight committee consists of two student members, two faculty members (one Senate and one non-Senate faculty), and two staff members (one union and one non-union), who are nominated and elected by their peers for two-year terms.
The committee receives and makes recommendations regarding grievances against the U-M Police Department or any police officer deputized by the university.