Provost Susan M. Collins has appointed a 13-member advisory committee in the search for the University of Michigan’s next dean of the College of Pharmacy.
The committee of faculty, staff, students and an alumnus is tasked with recommending an unranked slate of candidates to the provost. The next dean of the College of Pharmacy will replace James Dalton, who stepped down to accept a position as executive vice president and provost at the University of Alabama.
Senior Associate Dean Bruce Mueller has served as interim dean since July 1, 2020.
“I look forward to the selection of a new dean who will further enhance the college’s research, education, and clinical activities,” Collins wrote in an email to colleagues.
The advisory committee will be chaired by Kathleen Stringer, Albert B. Prescott Professor of Clinical and Translational Pharmacy in the College of Pharmacy, and professor of internal medicine, division of pulmonary and critical care medicine, in the Medical School.
In addition to Stringer, the committee members include:
- DuBois Bowman, dean and professor of biostatistics, School of Public Health.
- Heather Carlson, chair of the Department of Medicinal Chemistry and professor of medicinal chemistry, College of Pharmacy; and professor of chemistry and biophysics, LSA.
- Wei Cheng, associate professor of pharmaceutical sciences, College of Pharmacy; and associate professor of biological chemistry, Medical School.
- John Clark, associate chief pharmacy officer, Michigan Medicine; and clinical associate professor, College of Pharmacy.
- Tim Cunniff, College of Pharmacy alumnus and executive vice president of research and development, Paragon Biosciences, LLC.
- Corrine Din, Pharmaceutical Sciences Ph.D. student, College of Pharmacy.
- Karen Farris, Charles R. Walgreen III Professor of Pharmacy Administration, and professor of social and administrative sciences, College of Pharmacy.
- Amanda Garner, associate professor of medicinal chemistry, College of Pharmacy.
- Danielle Konan, PharmD student, College of Pharmacy.
- Regina McClinton, chief officer for diversity, equity and inclusion, College of Pharmacy.
- Michael Smith, clinical associate professor, department of clinical pharmacy, College of Pharmacy; and clinical pharmacist in pain and palliative care, Michigan Medicine.
- Duxin Sun, Charles R. Walgreen, Jr. Professor of Pharmacy, and professor of pharmaceutical sciences, College of Pharmacy.
To nominate prospective candidates or ask questions of the committee, send an email to Pharmacy-DSAC-Chair@umich.edu. For more information about the college, visit pharmacy.umich.edu.