Thousands of campus community members will begin tracking their exercise minutes for Active U’s 10th anniversary beginning Tuesday, and there’s still time to sign up for MHealthy’s 12-week physical activity challenge.
Track physical activity Jan. 13-April 6.
The program is open to all university faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, retirees and employee spouses/other qualified adults (OQAs).
This year’s program also qualifies for MHealthy Rewards and can earn benefits-eligible employees $100 if they complete both Active U and the 2015 Rewards health questionnaire.
To participate in Active U:
• Sign up as an individual or join a team of two or more.
• Use the online tracker to log exercise minutes via computer, mobile device and, new this year, text message. The new online tracker has been optimized for most smart phones or tablets.
• Successfully complete each week of the program by achieving your weekly exercise minutes goal. This goal must include exercising at least 30 minutes per day, at least three days per week.
Popular program features include:
• Donating to charities chosen by Active U participants. Three teams and three individual participants will be randomly selected to choose charities to receive donations collected during the program.
• Opportunities to win prizes each week just for logging exercise minutes.
• Earning virtual badges and share success by reaching program milestones such as achieving weekly goals, reaching 1,000 activity minutes and more.
• On select days, wearing a past Active U T-shirt and sharing a photo on MHealthy’s Facebook, Twitter or Instagram page (include hashtag #ActiveU10) to be entered in a “Swag Squad” drawing.
• Earning a 10th Anniversary T-shirt for successfully completing Active U.
Since the program was launched in 2006, Active U participants have logged more than 160 million minutes of physical activity.