Active U Autumn returns this fall, encouraging the university community to get moving toward the same goal: being active. Registration is open, and tracking of activity minutes will start Sept. 19.
All fitness levels and abilities are encouraged to participate in this eight-week physical activity challenge, sponsored by MHealthy. All employees, students, retirees and employee spouses/Other Qualified Adults can join. Choose to sign up as an individual or join or create a team.
Activity minutes are logged on the MHealthy Portal or by syncing to a tracking device. This year’s highlights include:
- Updated minimum minutes: Participants should now complete at least 150 minutes of physical activity per week. They can also log fewer than 10 minutes of activity in the tracker. These updates align with recommendations from several national health organizations.
- Active U Autumn Slack channel: It’s an opportunity to connect with other participants, share photos, find encouragement and stay motivated. Available to faculty and staff only.
- Swag Squad returns: Enter to win a $25 gift card by sharing a selfie or team photo and posting to Active U Autumn’s Slack channel.
- Charity of choice: Participants are encouraged to donate to Ann Arbor Meals on Wheels during the program.
- Exercise video library: Includes more than 50 videos in such categories as strength training, cardio, yoga, meditation and more.
Participants will also receive weekly email reminders with well-being tips, encouragement, program updates and more.
The deadline to register for Active U Autumn is Oct. 3.