September 9, 2015
Parking & Transportation Services and the Athletic Department again are asking for employees' assistance, as they work to provide parking for the 2015 U-M home football season that kicks off Saturday.
They request that all personal and university vehicles be parked at off-site locations away from the Michigan Stadium area by 11 p.m. each Friday prior to home football games. Any vehicles in lots after 11 p.m. will be subject to towing.
There are seven home games this year. They are:
• Sept. 12 — Oregon State.
• Sept. 19 — University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
• Sept. 26 — Brigham Young.
Oct. 10 — Northwestern (Homecoming).
Oct. 17 — Michigan State.
Nov. 7 — Rutgers.
Nov. 28 — Ohio State.
The lots to be vacated by all vehicles are:
• SC2 — Blue lot between Keech and Hoover streets. (Also, approximately 60 spaces in the south end of the lot will be closed at 5:30 p.m. on home game Fridays.)
• SC3 — Service Center at Administrative Services Building.
• SC4 — Yellow lot on Kipke Drive.
• SC5 — Yellow lot on Kipke Drive.
• SC6 — Orange lot west of Kipke Drive.
• SC7 — Orange lot east of Kipke Drive.
• SC9 — Yellow (Coliseum) lot at Hill and Division streets.
• SC11 — U-M Business Vehicle lot on Hoover Street at the Physical Properties Building. *
• SC12 — Blue lot on Greene Street.
• SC13 — Blue lot on Greene Street.
• SC14 — Blue lot at Hoover and Greene streets.
• SC32 — Visitor lot on Greene Street.
• SC35 — Yellow lot between Keech and Hoover streets.
• SC36 — Orange lot at Keech and Main streets .**
• SC37 — Blue lot on Hoover at Revelli Hall.
• SC38 — Yellow lot at Division and Hill streets.
• SC41 — Orange lot on Hoover Street.
On-call staff and staff with regular work schedules on Saturdays will be accommodated on the Athletic/South Campus whenever possible. With as much advance notice as possible, please email PTS (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the names of those working and the dates. The football coordinator will confirm their parking arrangements by return email.
Employees working on the Athletic/South Campus on Saturdays before, during or after home football games should be aware that Keech Street at the north end of Michigan Stadium will be closed to all traffic, except emergency vehicles, two hours before kick-off until approximately one hour after the game ends. In addition, Greene Street south of Hoover Street will be one-way southbound until the game ends.
For a map of the affected lots, go to www.pts.umich.edu/maps/central_south.pdf.
* In SC11, it is especially important to remove U-M vehicles, because this is where staff working on Saturdays will park.
** On home game weekends, the eastern half (cemented area) of SC36 will be closed to parkers beginning at 5 p.m. Thursday.