May 1, 2014
Spring Commencement activities on Saturday morning will result in some changes to traffic and parking near Michigan Stadium.
Gates will be open at 8 a.m. and the ceremony will last from approximately 10 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. During this time, all streets except Kipke Drive and East Keech Street will be open to traffic as usual.
Kipke will have restricted access while traffic on East Keech will remain two-way with limited access.
A heavy volume of graduate and guest foot traffic is anticipated from Central Campus to Michigan Stadium, and traffic congestion should be expected in the stadium area.
Ann Arbor-Saline Road between Eisenhower Parkway and Lohr Road is under construction, and access to I-94 from the stadium area will be detoured to the South State Street on-ramps via South Main Street and Eisenhower Parkway.
U-M Transportation will provide round trip shuttle service from all major hotels and designated commuter lots.
Commencement to affect parking at some university lots
Parking & Transportation Services and the Commencement Planning Team ask that all personal and university vehicles be parked at off-site locations away from the area around Michigan Stadium and Crisler Center by 5 p.m. Friday.
Affected lots include:
• SC2 - Blue lot between Keech and Hoover streets.
• SC3 - Service Center at the Administrative Services Building.
• SC4 - Yellow lot on Kipke.
• SC5 - Yellow lot on Kipke.
• SC6 - Orange lot west of Kipke.
• SC7 - Orange lot east of Kipke.
• SC11 - U-M Business Vehicle and Service Vehicle lot on Hoover at the Physical Properties Building
• SC32 - Visitor lot on Greene Street.
• SC35 - Yellow lot between Keech and Hoover.
• SC36 - Orange lot at Keech and Main.
• SC41 - Orange lot on Hoover.
On-call staff and staff with regular work schedules on Saturday may park in any lot north of Hoover. No one will be able to access the commencement area surrounding Michigan Stadium without proper authorization.